Web Software Developer
You will be part of the CNTRAL Web team tasked with maintaining and expanding the web pillar of the CNTRAL Platform™. Primarily in Ruby on Rails but experience in React would be an asset. You will join an innovative and entrepreneurial team in a progressive environment with the best ergonomic chairs, standing desks and ultra-wide monitors.
CNTRAL Web is a mature Ruby on Rails web-application with a tightly controlled Continuous Integration setup and a redundant infrastructure.
As CNTRAL expands into different geographies and verticals, you will be heavily involved in maintaining a solid foundation that not only ensures stable operation with the current functionality, but also allows for rapid and robust expansion.
CNTRAL delivers leading edge cloud technology for the Oil & Gas and Industrial sectors to simplify and streamline the inspection process, manage complex networks of assets, maintain compliance with environmental regulations, and ultimately reduce emissions. It is a global problem and CNTRAL is focused on fulfilling this vision on a global scale.
The CNTRAL Platform™ is industry leading cloud technology that makes scheduling, conducting and managing Inspections and Compliance a breeze, ensuring our customers are conducting inspections at the right times, collecting the right information and adhering to the right regulations.
Why work at CNTRAL
Complex problems, leading-edge technology, global opportunity, small team. At CNTRAL, you will be working on real, complex problems for some of the industry’s largest and most recognizable companies that require real solutions. It is so much more than simply earning a paycheque. You will be challenged and stretched. You will be supported and surrounded by smart teammates, and you will be delivering solutions that are mission critical and will make a difference.
We are entrepreneurs and innovators, first and foremost. You will not be inundated with rules, policies and procedures. We are a small team working on big problems and so you will find a flexible, entrepreneurial environment, a ‘get it done’ attitude, and a serious passion for our technology and service to our customers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Computer Science or other relevant post secondary education
- Minimum 3 years experience in web and software development
Key Languages and Platforms
- Ruby on Rails
- CSS / SASS
- (Bonus) Crystal
- Autonomy to research and make decisions.
- Time for open-source contributions, especially for those libraries CNTRAL uses.
- Time for StackOverflow contributions, especially on those questions that are related to CNTRAL.
- Full health, dental and eye benefits.
- Absolute very best hardware and working environments.
- Focused culture to maximize for uninterrupted programming.
- Herman Miller Chairs for maximum ergonomics.
- 34" Ultra-Wide Monitors for maximum screen real estate.
- Motorized standing desks with anti-fatigue mat to allow dynamic working positions at the push of a button.
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]