You will be a core part of the CNTRAL Platform™ team tasked with managing the design of CNTRAL Mobile, CNTRAL Web, CNTRAL Desktop, CNTRAL Handsfree and maintaining consistency with all of CNTRAL's external marketing. You will join an innovative and entrepreneurial team in a progressive environment with the best ergonomic chairs, standing desks and ultra-wide monitors.
The design, maintenance and continual expansion of CNTRAL's Design System for each of our applications (Mobile, Web, Desktop and Handsfree) will be your core responsibility. Additionally, CNTRAL has numerous marketing efforts outside of UI/UX with which you will be expected to be involved. Sourcing and working alongside external resources for video production, print materials, etc will be your secondary role.
As CNTRAL expands into different geographies and verticals, maintaining a consistent design and aesthetic will be of increasing value and importance so that our solutions are cohesive and intuitive and easy to use for our customers.
CNTRAL delivers leading edge cloud technology for the Oil & Gas and Industrial sectors to simplify and streamline the inspection process, manage complex networks of assets, maintain compliance with environmental regulations, and ultimately reduce emissions. It is a global problem and CNTRAL is focused on fulfilling this vision on a global scale.
The CNTRAL Platform™ is industry leading cloud technology that makes scheduling, conducting and managing Inspections and Compliance a breeze, ensuring our customers are conducting inspections at the right times, collecting the right information and adhering to the right regulations.
Why work at CNTRAL
Complex problems, leading-edge technology, global opportunity, small team. At CNTRAL, you will be working on real, complex problems for some of the industry’s largest and most recognizable companies that require real solutions. It is so much more than simply earning a paycheque. You will be challenged and stretched. You will be supported and surrounded by smart teammates, and you will be delivering solutions that are mission critical and will make a difference.
We are entrepreneurs and innovators, first and foremost. You will not be inundated with rules, policies and procedures. We are a small team working on big problems and so you will find a flexible, entrepreneurial environment, a ‘get it done’ attitude, and a serious passion for our technology and service to our customers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Design or other relevant post secondary education
- Minimum 3 years experience in User Interface Design, ideally in a web environment
Key Skills and Experience
- User Interface (UI) Design
- User Experience (UX) Design
- Design Systems Experience
- Print Design
- Basic Video Editing Experience
- Workflow Design and Management Experience
- Experience with large, complex enterprise applications.
- Mobile and Web Design
- Basic React Experience
- Experience with Sketch, Figma, Invision, etc.
- (Bonus) Storybook Experience
- Autonomy to research and make decisions.
- Full health, dental and eye benefits.
- Time for open-source contributions, especially for those libraries CNTRAL uses.
- Time for StackOverflow contributions, especially on those questions that are related to CNTRAL.
- Time and permission for Dribble profile maintenance.
- Absolute very best hardware and working environments.
- Focused culture to maximize for uninterrupted programming.
- Herman Miller Chairs for maximum ergonomics.
- 34" Ultra-Wide Monitors for maximum screen real estate.
- Motorized standing desks with anti-fatigue mat to allow dynamic working positions at the push of a button.
Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]